John Gilhooly in Conversation
How to listen to the podcast?
To listen through your browser: left-click the podcast link
To save the file so you can listen on an mp3 player: right-click the podcast link, select 'Save Link As...' and save it to your computer.
Or you can:
John Gilhooly talks to Sandy Burnett about his responsibility as Artistic Director to the much-loved Wigmore Hall, and gives his overview of the special 110th anniversary which opened with concerts from Finnish soprano Karita Mattila and pianist Martin Katz, the youthful Elias String Quartet, Angelika Kirchschlager and Ian Bostridge in a duo recital, Alina Ibragimova and Cédric Tiberghien, and the Artemis Quartet.
- Elias String Quartet - Schumann ‘Scherzo’ from String Quartet in A minor Op. 41 No. 1
- Angelika Kirchschlager with Roger Vignoles – Strauss ‘Meinem Kind’ from WHLive0040
- Lorraine Hunt Lieberson with Julius Drake – Schumann ‘Helft mir, ihr Schwestern’ from WHLive0024
- Elias String Quartet - Haydn ‘Finale’ from String Quartet in E flat Op. 64 No. 6
- Presented by Sandy Burnett
- Co-produced by Artsaudio and Helen Peate
- Edited by Darius Weinberg