Wednesday 4 April 2018 7:30PM
Bertrand Chamayou piano
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 administration fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Bertrand Chamayou piano
Bertrand Chamayou’s artistry flows naturally from his feeling for subtle yet striking contrasts of sound and emotions. He explores the art of piano transcription in his recital’s first half before plunging into the boiling waters of Liszt’s virtuosic Transcendental Études.
Franz Liszt (1811-1886)
- 6 Polish Songs S480 (transcription from Fryderyk Chopin)
- Frühlingsnacht S568 (transcription from Robert Schumann)
- Liebeslied (Widmung) S566 (transcription from Robert Schumann)
- Feierlicher Marsch zum heiligen Gral from Parsifal S450 (transcription from Richard Wagner)
- Isoldes Liebestod from Tristan and Isolde S447 (transcription from Richard Wagner)
- Études d’exécution transcendante S139