Saturday 7 April 2018 1:00PM
La Nuova Musica
£5 tickets are available to this concert for Under 35s More Information
This concert will be approximately 1 hour in duration, without an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 administration fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- La Nuova Musica
- David Bates director
- Rachel Kelly mezzo-soprano (as Dido)
- George Humphreys baritone (as Aeneas)
- Anna Dennis soprano (as Belinda)
- Emilie Renard soprano (as Sorceress)
- Helen Charlston mezzo-soprano (as First Witch)
- Martha McLorinan mezzo-sporano (as Second Witch)
- Louise Kemény soprano (as Second Woman)
- Nick Pritchard tenor (as Sailor)
- Richard Bannan baritone (as Spirit)
‘Genius’ may be an overworked term but it surely applies to Purcell and Dido and Aeneas.
David Bates and La Nuova Musica offer a lunchtime date with the opera’s full passions and high emotions, its earthy humour and profound tragedy.
Henry Purcell (c.1659-1695)
- Dido and Aeneas Z626