Saturday 7 April 2018 1:00PM
La Nuova Musica
This concert will be approximately 1 hour in duration, without an interval
Priority Bookings made for the Spring booking period of our 2017/18 season are subject to an administration fee of £3.00 per booking.
This event is currently only available to Friends of Wigmore Hall, as part of a Priority Booking request. Public booking will open on Tuesday 6 February 2018.
If you are a Friend and would like to add this to your Priority Booking, please sign in; there is a 'Please sign in' link at the top of every page.
To become a Friend (from £50), and benefit from advance notice of concerts, priority booking and the opportunity to attend exclusive events, please visit Friends of Wigmore Hall.
- La Nuova Musica
- David Bates director
- Rachel Kelly mezzo-soprano (as Dido)
- George Humphreys baritone (as Aeneas)
- Anna Dennis soprano (as Belinda)
- Emilie Renard soprano (as Sorceress)
- Helen Charlston mezzo-soprano (as First Witch)
- Martha McLorinan mezzo-sporano (as Second Witch)
- Louise Kemény soprano (as Second Woman)
- Nick Pritchard tenor (as Sailor)
- Richard Bannan baritone (as Spirit)
‘Genius’ may be an overworked term but it surely applies to Purcell and Dido and Aeneas.
David Bates and La Nuova Musica offer a lunchtime date with the opera’s full passions and high emotions, its earthy humour and profound tragedy.
Henry Purcell (c.1659-1695)
- Dido and Aeneas Z626