Thursday 5 April 2018 7:30PM
Le Concert d'Astrée; Emmanuelle Haïm; Sabine Devieilhe; Marianne Crebassa
This concert will be approximately 2 hours in duration, including an interval
Ticket bookings are subject to a £2.00 administration fee. This fee covers the whole booking and is not per ticket.
- Le Concert d'Astrée
- Emmanuelle Haïm director, harpsichord, organ
- Sabine Devieilhe soprano
- Marianne Crebassa mezzo-soprano
Handel, like many young musicians, refined his craft in Italy. Emmanuelle Haïm and Le Concert d’Astrée bring the composer’s Italian years to life with three dramatic cantatas, including the tale of abandoned sorceress Armida, and one of his finest trio sonatas.
George Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
- Dietro l’orme fuggaci (Armida abbandonata) HWV105
- Trio Sonata No. 1 in B minor HWV386b Op. 2
- O numi eterni (La Lucrezia) HWV145
- Arresta il passo (Aminta e Fillide) HWV83